If you want to get a bit messy in the kitchen, these are for you! I make them rather large which is great for a summer high tea or fete! Donna x
Blueberry and Almond Scones
A brilliant way to celebrate summer! Just add cream and jam! I have made a huge batch but you can either make more by making them smaller or simple half the ingredients.
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 19g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 70g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 small cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 kg of self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- a pinch each of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 250 g of cold butter chopped small
- pinch of salt
- 250 mls of butter milk (you can make your own by adding lemon juice to milk) add bit by bit
- Sliced almonds to scatter on the top
- melted butter or egg wash
- light brown sugar to sprinkle on the top
- Just in the way you would make normal scones, rub the butter into the flour until fine and grainy.
- Then add spices and salt.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Now beat the eggs with the buttermilk and add the almond extract.
- Add this liquid a little at a time.
- Eventually you will have to ditch the spoon and get messy!
- Combine into a stiff ball of dough.
- Press down into a circle about 2 inches thick and cut into triangles.
- You of course can use a cutter if you like.
- Bake at 200 centre of the oven for 45 minutes.
Humble Tart Kitchen http://www.humbletartkitchen.com/